Draft 1: January 24, 2019
Edited: February 25, 2019
To enable people to more effectively express their opinions on specific issues – opinions which attempt to be consistent with a value system (which I might call Human Values First for example, or HVF – to be discussed in a separate post. It is not about left or right). The more specific the issue, the simpler the statement, I believe the more likely there is to be agreement and larger numbers backing the statement. I think there needs to be more emphasis on “real world” and official channels so that people who make decisions are confronted with your opinion and your voice. I believe this can be an empowering effort. It is not a naive effort that comes with the assumption that officials and politicians will change their policies so easily. But it will very likely embarrass and annoy. It could be considered dissent. In some cases the opinion may be a majority or it may be a minority opinion. But the point is to have your opinion represented effectively in a way that cannot be so easily ignored.
Ideas / Survey of Methods in Canada
1) Writing to federal or provincial representative, or local politician, or other official, or corporate representative, ombudsman,
2) Parliamentary committees – provincial and federal
4) Electoral systems – participating
5) Writing to corporations
6) Petitions to parliament, legislatures and other bodies
7) Legal system, lawsuits, criminal law, affidavits
8) To capture data concerning particular opinions from polls and other research sources and publish it
9) Publicity via media, written or Internet
Value for value: If you appreciate the information provided, please support this project.