August 27, 2017: Analysis: Letters of Marshall McLuhan – Part 4 – The Role of Foundations, Men as Machines, Enemies of Society
- Ford Foundation
- Bollingen Foundation, Mellon family, Sigfried Giedion, modern art & architecture
- CIA, The Cultural Cold War, James Jesus Angleton & Ezra Pound, elitist sensibilities re. Ezra Pound, T. S. Eliot, etc.
- Eisenhower explains the big mysterious conspiracy “theory” about money being used to control academic research
- McLuhan’s views on Foundations’ influence over universities
- Letter to Ezra Pound. Who is the enemy of society? Who, why, how? The word as a drug and universal hypnosis, humans turned into machines, Wyndham Lewis